Us!

Us!
Adelay was 2 months old here.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Party Animal















Last Saturday we had Adelay's first birthday party! The theme was "Come have a ball" so we made a ball pit in our living room. Our fireplace area is this pit area with 3 stairs going down and carpeted seats all around. I put the futon cushion on the bottom and got some pit balls, and voila! A ball pit! We had a great turn out, and Adelay looked super cute. There were meat balls, a cheese ball, melon balls, and, best of all, cake balls!! The cake balls were delicious. I have a feeling I'll be making those again sometime. Most of the guests had never seen or had cake balls, and I think everybody liked them. Adelay made a royal mess out of her cake! She kinda swiped it at first, not sure what to do with it until I gave her a taste. Then, she knew exactly what to do with it. After that, we opened up presents. Adelay watched for a little while until she started to rub frosting in her eyes. Aunt Keek whisked her off to be cleaned up, and Rick and I finished up opening her gifts. She got some great books, toys, and lots of cute outfits. It was a great party for her.
I'd been having mixed feelings about having the party, but I'm glad I did it. It was hard not having Mom there, and I definitely missed her being there, but this was a celebration for Adelay. It definitely would not have happened as well as it did with out the friends that helped me prepare for it. Friday afternoon, Joanna, her mom, and Bethany came and cleaned up my house. Everything was pretty much picked up, but they did the polishing, and the house looked great. Saturday, Kirsten came over and helped watch Adelay pre-party. So those 4 + Vikki and Tim really really really blessed me.
It's weird, this past month, I've probably accepted more help than I have in 5 years! I'm such a, "No, no, no, don't trouble yourself over me, I'll do it" type of person. Asking for and receiving help is a struggle for me. I don't know why, that's so silly. I just don't want to inconvenience people, I guess. But this past month, I've really been concious of allowing people in to help, and it's been wonderful. I knew I needed it, and it wasn't just for me, it was for Adelay too. I guess also part of it is that if I needed help, I could always go to my mom. But now that that's not possible, I'm so thankful that there are people in my life who can help me. And that's completely a God thing, so I owe it to Him for putting them there. I truly am in awe of all the blessings He's given me in spite of the tragedy. It's amazing.
Today we went for her one year check up, and she's doing great. 22 lbs 6 oz, 32 in. She's off the charts in height and in the 70 - 95% for weight. She's right where she needs to be, and the doctor said she's real smart and a talker. Everything looked good! Praise God for good health for my baby. I love love love her.
She looooved her mini cake!!
Nikolas playing in the "ball pit"
Our gift to her was a Sesame Street scooter thing. Not really sure what they're called...
Can you really blame him for trying to plant one on her? I mean, she's adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment