Adelay was 2 months old here.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another year older...

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm 27 now. I'm 3 years from being 30. That's crazy. I know 27 is young, but I feel so old. Maybe that's because I'm so adultish. I'm married, have a kid, a house, a job... My Friday evenings usually consist of going to bed at 10 after cleaning up. Laaaaame. The older I get, the more responsibilities. It's like that's God's birthday present to me. I wonder what the refund policy is...
Well, I didn't care for it to be my birthday. I'm still dealing with the loss of my mom, so I pretty much just woke up and hoped for it to be a quick day. Even though I was hustling through it, the day was nice, I can't deny that. Mamiyagi took my dad, Rick, Adelay, and I to lunch at El Fenix. Lunch was nice until Adelay decided she wanted to have a tortilla chip. Yeah, she's teething, so whatever happened when that chip got in her mouth was multiplied ten times with her sore gums. Poor girl. Rick handled her most of the day, freeing me to do important things like nap and play Zuma.
In the evening Dad watched Adelay so Rick and I could go downtown to see "It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman!" A friend from church works for the Wyly Theatre, and they needed to fill up the theatre, so they had free tickets! I like free! We really liked the show too. The theatre is smallish, and we had great seats (second row behind the orchestra pit), so the feeling was nice and intimate. The show was upbeat and funny - just what I needed. Everything was great until we got to the car. Rick was pressing the unlock button from afar, but nothing was happening. I knew what that meant. I'd been there, done that. He had left the lights on, and the battery was dead. Did I mention we were downtown? And this was around 11:00. We had stayed after the show for a behind the scenes chat with the main stage hand, so pretty much all the audience had left. We couldn't call my dad because he was home with Adelay with out a car seat. What to do, what to do... We decided to take the DART to Richardson, I called up a friend to get us back to my dad's house, and we took his car downtown to jump our car. It was grrrreat! Not a big deal, though, just an interesting end to the evening.
So that was my birthday. I really am glad it's over. Oh, and Madalyn called and sung me "Happy Birthday" on my voicemail. It was very cute.

1 comment: